Vacancies - Back end C++ Developer (Mid - Senior): Trapeze Group, Bath | Bristol | Altrincham
||Bath | Bristol | Altrincham
Ever wondered what it takes to mobilise millions of people in their daily travels across the UK and Europe?
This is about writing highly effective C++ code for the back end technologies behind next-generation online services such as Arriva, Stansted Airport, Transport for London and Traveline, enabling them to deliver their services quickly, safely and on time, providing a positive and reliable experience for the millions who use them daily. Joining a passionate multi-skilled team, you will be collaborating with expert C++, Java and mobile app development colleagues who create the tightly integrated services that the interfaces rely on. Trapeze operates a high quality environment, with time to dedicate yourself to challenging projects and new technologies, working in an Agile team with daily stand ups, Kanban boards and continuous integration.
• You are ready for a challenging mid / senior C++ Developer role in a progressive environment
• You are passionate about technology, and writing clean and optimal code
• You bring proven C++ programming ability, and are familiar with STL libraries
• You may have some exposure to Web technologies or Web services (e.g. own projects)
• You have excellent interpersonal skills, and are open and communicative
• C++ components to support a new map-centric information portal
• Enhancements to the cutting-edge algorithms responsible for suggesting point-to-point journeys on the public transport network
Opportunity to work with:
• Visual Studio (C++ v.11 is being assessed) | STL | Boost | Web Services | XMLSpy | TortoiseSVN | Bamboo | SQL Server
Salary and benefits:
• £34,000 – £45,000+ (negotiable) + discretionary company bonus
• Discretionary relocation assistance
• Personal development plan | Technology and skills training| Progression across a group of companies
• 25 days holiday | Personal Pension | Life Assurance | Income Protection | Medical and Dental | Childcare Vouchers | Sabbaticals | Long Service Recognition | Subscription to Safari Books
About the company – Trapeze Group:
Trapeze is a profitable (£17m t/o), innovative and ambitious technology provider. We develop and operate a vast range of passenger transport technologies. We are the UK market leader with considerable European market share and are part of a North American group of technology companies. With 150 UK staff, it’s a friendly close-knit team culture where a healthy work:life balance is encouraged, with flexible hours, regular social events, kitchens, great coffee, ride to work scheme, bike racks, showers and free parking.
Locations: Bath (Staverton) | central Bristol | Altrincham, greater Manchester
Trapeze encourages you to be in touch with Andrew, the recruitment partner, to find out more:
(07710) 794225 | firstname.lastname@example.org | @AndrewGiffordHW